Monday, May 11, 2009

A Gluten-Free Sporting Event Surprise...

As some of you might already know, I am a HUGE Los Angeles Lakers fan. If you are a sports fan and have a favorite home-town team, you know exactly what I am talking about. Occasionally, I am fortunate enough to get invited to games with a few buddies of mine...but last week was a bit different.

Not only was I invited to Game 2 of the Lakers vs. Rockets series, but my seats were the VERY first row behind the Lakers bench! Check out this picture I took on my camera phone...

Lakers Game-Pau Gasol.jpg

I took this picture of Pau Gasol, the Lakers starting center, during their warm-ups before the game (I tried to get a few clear pictures of Kobe, but he constantly has body guards around him, so it was a bit difficult!).

And if the seats weren't good enough, I had Leonardo DiCaprio and Anthony Kiedis, the lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, sitting right next to me!

Sorry, got a little off track there...

So how does this all circle back to living gluten-free?

Well, I went up to the food stand to get a snack, and to my surprise, I saw the following sign...

Staples Center-Gluten Free Snacks.jpg

I know it's a bit hard to see, but if you look close at the bottom two items, you will notice that it says "Gluten-Free Snacks!" I couldn't believe my eyes! The Staples Center, in Los Angeles, now offers gluten-free snacks at most of their convenience stands!

As soon as I got home from the game, I did a little more research and discovered that a number of sporting arenas throughout the U.S. and Canada are gradually introducing gluten-free products into their facilities. This is due to the increasing demand for gluten-free foods within the marketplace.

So keep your eye out at your local sporting arena...you just might stumble across some gluten-free foods!

Chad Hines
www.GlutenFreeHero.com

No comments:

Post a Comment